Year after year, AMAB complies with the BRC Food standard for the processing of unpackaged foods (chocolate, pralines, biscuits and candy). Our experience in conforming to the absolute highest hygiene and quality requirements in a ‘clean’ environment have recently led to a new step in our range of services.
In order to offer an even more diversified range of products and services, we have developed an extra-clean room at our Halle location for the processing of dried herbs, spices and spice mixes.
The biggest eye-catcher there is our filling machine that can handle big bags of up to 1000 kg for the filling of all kinds of smaller packaging up to 1 gram.
Our first project resulted in extra employment opportunities for a team of 7 workers, who together are responsible for:
- The processing of big bags (up to 1000 kg),
- Check weighing and correcting filled packaging,
- Manual closing of packaging with lids,
- Metal detection of each individual package,
- Sealing with closure seal,
- Labelling with ingredient stickers,
- Printing of Lot Nos./Use by dates,
- Bundling of individual packages for total closure shrink wrapping and
- Positioning of bar codes.
Of course, besides machine filling, the manual processing of dried ‘herbs and spices’, such as vanilla pods, bay leaves, bouquet garni etc., is also subject to the same strict quality requirements.
Moreover, an extra closed compartment with space for 30 pallets has been installed in the warehouse specifically for stocking the various herbs and spices.
And, it goes without saying that all of this can also be processed under our BIO-Certisys certificate.